Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gratitude–The Seventh Stage of Almost Being the Victim of a Car Wreck

Came within 6 inches and a lesser-man’s reaction time of being in an accident this morning, and I have to give thanks. To get there I had to go through the 7 split second stages of recovering from a near car accident experience. The stages are:
Stage 1–React (in a split second I checked right then swerved there to avoid the car accelerating into my lane),
Stage 2–Anger (why you !%@$@$) ,
Stage 3–Relief,
Stage 4 Disbelief (who could be that dumb),
Stage 5–Curiosity (who was that dumb, so you speed up to see),
Stage 6–What if (they had a gun, I had a gun, I had been picking my nose, we crashed, I had to fill out a police report and they lied, blah, blah, blah) and,
Stage 7–Gratitude (Thanks for letting me demonstrate my driving skills–I could have been Michael Schumacher).

So thank you driver of the green Camry that almost ran into me at 50 mph–you reaffirmed that I still have it.

Loren M. Lambert © September 24, 2013  

No comments: