Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Politics Matter--You May Hijack My Posts

As you my guess, I'm very interested in politics. This is because it affects every aspect of our lives, for better or for worse. Those who ignore this fact are bound to be blind sided by it.

I invite you to hijack, reconnoiter, take over, slam my posts thereon. If you do, I will try to not take offense, I will try to be civil and I will try to provide a basis for my opinions. I would encourage you to do the same.

Whether your thing is posting TMI, trivia, your latest exploits, personal news, etc., you are always welcome and please forgive me for being so political.

Comment 1: Loren M. Lambert-Yes, unfortunately, many of our best and brightest are imperfect (just like many of us) so we must do the best we can with what we have and sometimes must work with imperfection, be willing to overlook (within limits) and to sometimes even forgive and re-embrace. I can't think of too many politicians who are slated for sainthood. Yet, I think one of the most insidious faults or "sins" a politician can have is that of ignorance.

Comment 2: Loren M. Lambert -No, unfortunately, they don't submit themselves for political office because the scrutiny is too relentless... Although I think you're wrong about Pres. Obama and I think Pres. Clinton is one of the most intelligent people you could meet, though certainly flawed. I think as far as consistent morality is concerned, I can only think of 3 Presidents that certain people would probably feel good to have teaching their Sunday School class. Who would you pick and why?

Comment 3: Loren M. Lambert - I do not believe that the political process, by its very nature, invariably weeds out the morally strong, but I do believe that sometimes the very strengths that propel men and women of great ability into positions of leadership and power also become their stumbling blocks if they do not remain humble and vigilant against our worst natures. Even many great religious leaders found in the Bible and other religious texts had serious flaws that had to be mastered, submerged or overcome.

Loren M. Lambert © July 28, 2013

No comments: