Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Public Education is All That And More

This evening, thanks to my extremely fortunate relation to my talented and beautiful daughter and her equally incredible mother, I was able to attend a house warming party thrown by the principal of Milkcreek Elementary where I met several teachers and the school janitor and then attended my daughters half time dancing performance at Cottonwood’s Homecoming.

And now I have returned home with my hope in mankind fully re-newed despite all the gun mayhem. You see, from the janitor to the principal, everyone of them beamed with intelligence and exuded this engaging, contagious enthusiasm. All were consummate professionals.

And every time I have attended one of my kids’ school functions–today the football game–the gallant foot brawlers in their black and gold and 11 points ahead, the school band pounding out “The Eye Of The Tiger,” a stand full of salt-of-the-earth fans and the half time dancing performance, staring Noelle (at least to my camera)–I always get filled with this great pride that our schools are our most precious jewels and everything thing that is great about us as a people (despite the underlying teenage angst that I know boils just below the surface of all their youthful exuberance).

Thanks to all our educators and their supporting staff–you make America Great.

Loren M. Lambert © September 20, 2013                  

No comments: