Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spoiled Israel

I was listening to Billy Cunningham, the self proclaimed "Great American." Him and others have been especially vocal about welfare benefits creating a market for single women with children. While on the one hand I think they are selective to a fault with their data, I understand their point--if it is easier momentarily to live off uncle Sam and be single and have kids than it is to establish a monogamous stable marriage, than people will choice the latter. (I don't think human nature is so easily reduced to one motive).

So, Billy should understand my point. Israel just announced the planned building of new settlements. While I support Israeli self-determination and continued security, lets face it, Israel, will never have peace because in the same way conservatives say we have enabled single mothers to have the mindset to become and remain single with kids, we have enabled Israel by our generous support. Why make the sacrifices for a peaceful resolution when we just continue to bankroll their irresponsibility?

So, you have heard it from me, Loren Lambert, "A pretty good Human Being, who happens to also be, a great American."

Loren M. Lambert © August 11, 2013 

No comments: