Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Primordial Scream & Acting & Being & Writing

I awoke to this piercing scream. My own. I had been dreaming that I was trapped and was repeatedly stung by swarms of wasps. People were nearby.

No matter what I tried, I couldn’t get a word out to call for help. Finally a scream erupted from my throat. It was a scream that would send chills down anyone’s back. It was uninhibited, raw, without any layer of self consciousness or self censure.

It sounded like nothing I would do if you asked me to scream. Yet, to be credible, to scream like your life depended on it, to make people freeze in terror and anxiety, that’s what you have to do- scream without any layer of self consciousness or self censure.

And that’s what you have do when you act, write or engage another human. Whatever you want to communicate must be from the gut and instinctively raw. It must be the scream that erupts from your throat with no layer of self consciousness like you are escaping a swarm of stinging wasps. That's also how love, concern, desire, empathy and charity should be. It needs to erupt from our core.
Loren M. Lambert© Nov 1, 2015.

No comments: